Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goals for the New Year!

Happy 2014!
I just love an even-numbered year, don't you!
It's one of those odd things about me.  :)
 
While I don't generally write down resolutions,
I make them in my head and
my top 3 are:  exercise,
drink more water,
become a better and nicer version of myself
 
I saw this pinterest list on another blog and
decided to give it a try too.
 
 
So, here are my 2014 Goals
 
A bad habit I'm going to break:
Eating too much chocolate!
But really, is there such a thing as too much chocolate??
 
A new skill I'd like to learn:
Knitting.
 
A person I hope to be more like:
 My daughter-in-law who is super sweet and very organized!
 
A good deed I'm going to do:
Become a volunteer --
maybe a Meals on Wheels volunteer. 
 
A place I'd like to visit:
Orlando :)
 
A book I'd like to read:
Whatever Maddy is reading. 
We read her school assigned books together
so we can chat about them.
 
 A letter I'm going to write:
To my daughter - hoping to impart some life lessons
and humor!
 
A new food I'd like to try:
 Vegetables.  Really -- any vegetables!
 
I'm going to do better at:
Decluttering and not wasting time
watching too much HGTV!

How about you? 
Any goals you'd like to share?
 
 
 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your goals for the New Year and I am sure that you will not have any problems with them.

Jodee said...

Love your list! Honestly, I haven't even thought about it. However, I always like to give up pop and declutter at the beginning of every new year! I love a new year too!

starnes family said...

Orlando!!!!!!

Have you seen the pic going around of the girl who drank the expected amount of water each day compared to what she used to for a a year? MAJOR change in her skin. Beautiful. Enough for me! I'm trying, too.

Lisa said...

love the goals! how about visiting Idaho =)?

Musings from Kim K. said...

You're also welcome to visit MI too! Love your goals. I need to do a better job of drinking more water and eating more veggies too. I love that you read Maddy's school assigned books together.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Great post!

I want to learn to knit too! Will you take lessons? I don't know where to start.

Also, I have to know where oh where did you get the big Olaf?!!

we are going to Orlando first week of February!!!

Happy New Year!

lea
xo