Monday, July 21, 2014

A Grand Time!

Last week Maddy and I had the 
opportunity to spend some time with the 
Grands while Philip and Catherine had a little getaway!


Maddy was actually busy during the day at theatre camp,
so my main helper was gone -- how would I ever manage????
I'm sure the fact that
they have a great little schedule and
their house is super-organized really helped.
Of course, the kids are delightful and sweet -- so 
that makes a big difference too!

Janie is now 4, Walt is 3 and little Harry is 11 months!
Yes, I had my hands full!
We were lucky enough to have fabulous weather
and took some walks and stroller rides
every day!


Mr. Tennis (aka Papa) and Muffy came over one evening with
chicken nuggets and fries (hello fast food!) and
 to play!

I also introduced Janie and Walt to chocolate milk
 and I'm afraid they are hooked! :)
After-nap chocolate milk in his undies on the deck! :)
There was one rather large screw-up on my part!
Harry was napping one morning so Janie, Walt and I went out on the deck
with me pulling the door closed behind us.
Oooops - I hadn't checked and the door locked!
Neurotic me had also locked the door from the garage to 
the house, so we couldn't get in that way either!
Slight freak-out on my part ensued!
Smart parents -- there was a key hidden outside!
We got back in and you can be sure I didn't make that mistake again!

Wonderful littles with fabulous parents!
We love having them in town with us! 

Philip and the kids -- first day at his pediatric office!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

I know you are having so much fun with the grandkids. A little chocolate milk never hurt anyone!

Lisa said...

no pants, chocolate milk and locked yourself out. =) The ultimate trifecta!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm imagining the heart attack you must have had being locked out from the littles. You are having one fun summer with your grands. Enjoy every second!

Laurie said...

Love the title! Love the picture of your son with his kiddos- just precious!! :)

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

Grandkids are supposed to get extra treats when they are with their grandparents! It's all part of the fun of spoiling them!

Jodee said...

I am so glad you had a grand time with the grands! Cute pictures! I know Philip and Catherine enjoyed their time away to recharge their parenting batteries!

starnes family said...

What is better than chocolate milk after a nap? Kind of like the equivalent of coffee after waking for adults. :)