Saturday, August 16, 2014

Birds and Balloons!

Hello Friends!

Do any of you remember ever seeing the
Alfred Hitchcock movie, "The Birds?"
It's a scary one and a bit creepy too!


Guess who had a "bird" experience herself??
Yes, MOI!!!

It wasn't as bad as the movie, but . . . 
some creepy mourning doves
built a nest on our patio!
I believe they are cousins to disgusting pigeons - yuck!

They look harmless, don't be fooled!
I left them alone for a long time hoping they 
would be like robins and once the little
ones were big enough, they would
all depart the nest!
But NO -- 
they stayed and stayed and stayed!
And totally creeped me out!


Every time I let the dog out or went out that door,
they were there -- lurking and staring at me!
It appeared there was a Momma and 2 babies.
But, the babies were big, they weren't teeny little birdies!
I planned to knock the nest down when they were out 
of it.  Only problem -- they never left the nest!
Seriously -- so creepy!

I did a little research and learned the fastest
way to get rid of them, beside recruiting blue jays or hawks to dive-bomb them,
would be put some balloons by the nest.
The balloons would bounce around and would scare them away!

YES!  It worked perfectly!
Almost perfectly that is.
They are out of the nest, the nest has been removed, 
but . . . .
they are lurking around and haunting me!
They sit on the basketball hoop, the driveway,
they even were up on the back porch trying to look in the window!!!!!!!!
ACCCCK!!


What next?
Know any Blue Jays or Hawks that 
need a home?

5 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

how awful! YIKES!!

lea
xo

Jodee said...

Oh my word! You poor thing! How creepy! However, at least they aren't bats! Grossss!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I know it's not funny. But I'm smiling at this post. We once held a Hitchcock themed Halloween party and we had birds all over our house. You'd be right at home!

starnes family said...

OMG. Seriously crazy!

Lisa said...

that movie scared the heck out of me! maybe they will leave when it snows? set muffy out there?