Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Welcome Fall - Welcome Pope Francis!

Fall photo from 2011 -- our leaves have not turned or started falling yet!
Wow -- what a special day -- 
Pope Francis visits the U.S. and
we officially say goodbye to summer
and welcome to Fall!

So exciting to have the Holy Father in the United States.
Back when I was very young, I saw Pope John Paul II in Philadelphia in his
Pope-mobile riding around in downtown Philadelphia.

 I was working on the 25th or 32nd floor of a very large building -- 
your probably guessed that, right!
I quickly jumped on an express elevator and got out to the street just
in time to see the Pope drive by and bless the crowd.
I will never forget the excitement in the air and the special
blessing of the Pope.
Later, during that same visit, my Mom and sister attended a
Mass in Des Moines, Iowa.

Wish I was in Philadelphia again to see Pope Francis.


Our very own Bishop Conley from Lincoln was there 
and sent this photo!
Praying for a safe trip for Pope Francis and all those 
who traveled to see him.

5 comments:

Jodee said...

My new boss, Ben, is headed to see him this weekend! Exciting times!

Jill said...

Such a wonderful experience having the pope visit here. Love the fall photo...so pretty!

Blessings,
Jill

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a very special time indeed.

Kelli said...

Your first picture is beautiful...how I picture fall.
My older daughter goes to an all girls catholic school and a group,of girls from here school went to Washington to see the Pope...so special!
Have a wonderful Thursday!

Tutus and Choo-Choos said...

We had a few teachers from school go to see the Pope. They had all the students watch a live streaming the other day also.