Thursday, October 8, 2015

A Special Visit!

Last week I was away a few days 
on a special visit to see my Dad, Al, 
who lives near Cincinnati.
It was such a wonderful visit!
Did I tell you that my Dad recently turned 92 years old!

My sister, Amy, who lives in Florida joined me there, so we had
some "sister" time and "Dad" time.
Amy and I enjoyed seeing him and visiting him and
having lunch with him a couple times at the
assisted living facility where he now lives.


It's such a nice place - the aides and workers 
genuinely care about the residents.
Bonus -- they make a tasty grilled cheese for lunch!

When we weren't there visiting Al (aka Alberto or Albert),
we did some power walking, power shopping and
power wine-tasting!
Yes, that trip had it all!

Our big disappointment was that our sister who 
lives there was out of town, so we
didn't get to hang out with her.  :(
On our next visit, we will introduce
her to all of our "power" activities!!  :)

However, we did get to enjoy some time with one of 
her cats!  I'm afraid I scared the poor kitty
with my rather loud rendition of
"Here kitty, kitty, kitty!!"
She finally came out from her under-the-bed
hiding place a couple days later!
Sorry kitty!

All in all, 
it was a very good visit  with my Dear Old Dad!


4 comments:

Courtney said...

Man I wish I would have known Im not far from Cincy.

Jodee said...

I am so glad that you got to sneak away for a "power" weekend of fun! You gals really know how to have a great time! Exercise + Shopping + Wine = Perfect Weekend to me! I am sure Al enjoyed your visit, as well.

Too bad you couldn't have met up with Courtney while there! :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

How nice that you could spend some quality time away visiting family. It sounds like a perfect "power" trip. Wine tasting and ALL!

Lisa said...

<3 family time